The Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the daily activities of the Engineering Department and personnel, including new product development, design and drafting, assistance on proposals, the blueprint room and production of parts and service manuals. The position requires a hands-on approach in planning, organizing and controlling the total engineering functions within polices and general guidelines established by the General Manager. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
Outline of Responsibilities
- Plan, activate, and evaluate progress to meet Engineering Department objectives as established in conjunction with the General Manager
- Coordinate the functions of the Engineering Department to ensure employees are working toward common company objectives
- Liaise with other company departments and ensure that communication between engineering and other departments are efficient and trouble-free
- Establish the priorities of all work being processed in the engineering department in conjunction with the sales and manufacturing departments
- Review engineering department production performance with Designers to coordinate their activities and inform other departments of individual job progress
- Lead the team in a positive and supportive manner through a “lead by example” and “Management by Walking Around” approach
- Continuously monitor performance and provide mentoring, guidance and improvement recommendations for the benefit of the individual and the organization as a whole
- Responsible for the design and engineering of Marcotte products
- Responsible for the production of economical, practical and imaginative designs which can be manufactured in-house wherever practical
- Remain up-to-date on developments in the industry with a view of developing new products and improving existing products
- Responsible to keep each product line up-to-date with the latest technical advances and the best innovation possible
- Approve all engineering hour estimates used in sales proposals as well as review major component selections, design concepts, etc.
- Post-secondary education in mechanical engineering, P. Eng an asset
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a leadership role within a heavy manufacturing facility for mobile equipment (mining, marine, construction or forestry industry an asset) demonstrating a hands on approach
- Hands on team player with a dynamic ability to identify marketplace demands and react by providing state of the art leading designs to satisfy the market
- Successful financial management background with P&L experience
- Solid understanding of hydraulic, electrical and powertrain systems, PLC experience an asset
We offer a competitive compensation package with a full range of benefits. Qualified applicants may send their resumes, stating Engineering Manager in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.