MARCOTTE is a Canadian-owned, entrepreneurial, globally recognized company located in Sudbury, Ontario, where we are a fully operational facility with Engineering, Sales and Manufacturing departments all under one roof. Due to growth Marcotte is looking for SERVICE MECHANICS.
This position is responsible for repairing and servicing equipment at our facility as well as at our customers’ sites. When in the plant this position is responsible for working in the assembly department. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Travel to customers’ sites to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Oversee the installation of new equipment at customers’ sites
- Perform equipment start-ups and commissioning
- Test equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Provide training to customers’ operators on proper operating techniques of equipment
- Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose problems and perform on-site maintenance
- Extensive national and international overnight travel
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- 5 – 7 years of field experience servicing heavy equipment
- Knowledgeable in DC based electrical systems and ability to do overall diagnostics on equipment an asset
- Demonstrated ability to represent the Company in front of the customer; remaining calm under pressure
- Hands on troubleshooting, repair, adjustment, overhaul, and maintenance of heavy equipment
- Truck and trailer experience would be an asset
- Able and willing to travel for extended periods
- Proven ability to work well independently as well as train and develop others
Qualified applicants may send their resumes, stating MAR Service in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.