This position is responsible for repairing and servicing equipment at our facility as well as at our customers’ sites. Reads and interprets technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports to ensure operating efficiency of equipment. Recommends design modifications to eliminate machine malfunctions. When in the plant this position is responsible for working in an assembly capacity. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Analyze malfunctions and repair, rebuild and maintain equipment
- Component selection for repair of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Operate and inspect machines/equipment to diagnose problems
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment, using hoists and power tools
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear; test overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports related to mechanical, hydraulic and / or electrical systems
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions
- Maintain thorough documentation for all aspects of assigned projects
- Confer with personnel to resolve equipment malfunctions, production issues or challenges and provide technical information
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations for improvement
- Participate in the installation, commissioning, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure equipment is installed and functioning according to specifications
- Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost effective solutions to design challenges
- Regular travel to commission and repair equipment and train customers
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician or equivalent training/experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on field experience in troubleshooting and servicing heavy equipment
- Proven strong mechanical aptitude required
- Electrical aptitude proven through troubleshooting electrical controls problems an asset
- Able and willing to travel for extended periods
- Willing and able to work independently and with minimal supervision
By joining our team you will:
- Gain experience in a medium sized company that designs and builds custom capital equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing departments
- Witness the design, building and testing of our equipment which is involved in some of the biggest projects in the world
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accessibility Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.